NYU is creating a new space where all their game related students and faculty can work together. It really is amazing. When I was taking classes, I would have to take some with Steinhardt, some with Tisch, and volunteer at the Game Innovation Lab in Brooklyn to try and get as much game related coursework and research coursework as I could. Now, it will all be in one place. Here is a great article about the new collaboration, including a quote from me!
April 25, 2013
Media and Games Network (MAGNET) coming to NYU
About Jonathan Frye
Ph.D. student at NYU. Game researcher. Game Design/Usability/Theory nerd. Research focus on psychology of players. RA for Games for Learning Institute. View all posts by Jonathan Frye
This entry was posted on Thursday, April 25th, 2013 at 8:06 pm and tagged with Game Studies, MAGNET, Media and Games Network, New York University, research and posted in Design, Personal, Research, Theory. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- It's as if the people of Westeros elected the Night King... 9 months ago
- Looking for mobile gamers for a research study at work. Just involves some online surveys, pays $100 games.immersyve.com 2 years ago
- Co-op gaming is a smart way to teach, says new research sbn.to/HNNrCD via @Polygon 3 years ago
- Impressions: Heroes Of The Storm Steals BlizzCon rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/10/imp…) 3 years ago
- Gabriel Knight is coming back: Jane Jensen's classic point-n-click adventure game is getting an HD r kotaku.com/gabriel-knight… 3 years ago